Gear hobbing on a lathe
Gear hobbing is a flexible and highly productive process for manufacturing various types of gears.
For example, gear hobbing can be used to produce external gears and profiles of the highest quality directly on a gear hobbing machine.
With the Benzinger gear hobbing machine, it is possible to integrate gear hobbing directly into the machining process and thus realize complete machining on a single lathe.
Selected workpiece examples Gear hobbing
Gear types: External gearing of a spur, bevel, and crown gears.
- Module < 2
- Straight or helical gearing
- Gear hobbing or parting process possible
- Shifting with optional Y-axis
- Up to gear quality 5 achievable
- Excellent running of the gearing
to the adjacent construction, since
manufactured from a bar in one clamping
Gear hobbing directly in the machine
- Gear module built in a Take5 - 5-axis machining center
- Gearings can be produced on the main and counter spindle.
- Ready-to-install gearing parts ex bar
Smallest gears can be produced from the bar ready for installation by turning and gear hobbing.ar.