Thread whirling on CNC lathe
In thread whirling, the thread whirling ring rotates around the cylindrical component. This allows the thread to be machined in one pass.
At Benzinger, thread whirling is integrated directly into the whirling lathe using a thread whirling unit.
The machining of the thread whirling directly on the whirling lathe in one pass reduces the cycle time and increases productivity.
Advantages of thread whirling machining:
- Machining of high-quality threads without risk of tool bending and vibration.
- Good chip control
- Rework is not necessary
Selected workpiece examples Thread whirling
- Multi-start internal thread.
- Manufactured by internal whirling in the same setup as the fit seats and lens mounts.
- Machining completely on a lathe
Lens - thread whirling
- Produced by external whirling in the same clamping as the mating seats and lens seats.
- Machining complete on a CNC lathe